• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hotspot Battery Life

No, I don't have one yet, whether I get one will depend on if I can figure out a way to use it throughout the day, and get rid of my laptop's aircard and that monthly fee.

I was thinking/hoping if its stuffed in my bag with the screen off, it might get decent battery life even with the hotspot on.

Upvote 0
im sure you can go a full day with out charging this sucker. i inadvertently left the ac charger at the job so i went 18 hours without charging the thing.. i took the time to test out the battery--do usual tablet stuff, and when it got back on the juice the following day i had 56% battery. i used wifi exclusively since i was home but was installing apps, testing apps, playing some music, reading emails, google chatting (not video) and had ample power left.

so i feel you should have great success with using this all day with ample battery power.

of course i do not know your daily routine so i can only guesstimate..i would suggest you pick one up and test drive it. you have a return window.. :)

this has replaced my laptop. i use dropbox so if there are files i want to add to the xoom i drop them into dropbox and they sync up with the evo and the xoom. :)

Upvote 0
I am considering buying a 3G Xoom or a Wifi only Xoom when it's available.

If I go with the Wifi Xoom, I would tether it to my rooted Droid Incredible using wireless tether.

How much faster will the battery on the phone drain while tethering?

Would there be a large difference between the length of time I can browse the web on a Wifi Xoom connected to the verizon network through my phone or a 3G Xoom connected directly to the verizon network

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones