• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How are you going to react?

After experiencing the Samsung Moment, How are you going to act in the future?

• This will be my last Samsung phone. Period.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • This will be my last Android phone. Period.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may buy another Samsung phone in the future, but it will definitely not be an Android.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I may buy another Android in the future, but it will definitely not be a Samsung.

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • I will have no problem with purchasing another Samsung Android in the future.

Votes: 57 79.2%

• Total voters
Wow. These posts are so...wow... Ok well here's my response/story/whatever:

My first ever phone was a Samsung flip phone. I loved it when flip phones were the in thing. throughout high school, however, I had an LG Rumour which was beyond cool and subsequently began my love affair with full slide out physical keyboards. Thank you LG. I was eligible for an upgrade earlier this year January and from the moment I saw the...Moment (LOL) I fell in love with it. Therefore I returned to my first love, Samsung. As far as I can say, I am beyond pleased with Samsung and the updates or whatev. This is my 1st smartphone/android and I'm glad I was able to share this experience with Samsung and I indeed look forward to working with them again in the near future, unless, I want to try something new but as of right now, I have no problems returning to a Samsung phone. :)

P.S. Sorry if this was long and irrelevant. Haha.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

well you dont really seem to have any experience with phones outside of the 3 you had & 2 of them were samsungs & only the one you own now was a smartphone... so i could totally see how you would'nt find a problem with samsung or the moment to be more specific.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
This won't be my last Samsung or my last Android. I mean every phone has it's problems but to call the probs with this phone a "Experience" is very naive.

And here's the thing I'm laughing about with all you posting negative, you may be complaining about Samsung and not getting your update now and whatever else, I can only read so many whines before it gets dull, but you still bought the phone. I might recommend you do some real research before you go buy a shiny new toy next time. The 52 to 14 vote kinda proves the point that this is not a bad phone it's considered a positive for Samsung and Android....or the high user ratings on nearly every phone review site.....or common sense......or the fact that you're the minority on your own poll.

Anyway all my phones have been from Samsung and they've all been plenty reliable to me so I've got no reason to jump ship, my next phone will probably be a Samsung. As for Android, I really like it, but seeing as it's not much over a year old I'm not surprised by the bugs in the system, it'll get better and be beating the Iphone OS in the future though. 1.5 is what drags down the Moment cause all the hardware is more then powerful enough to make it a great phone. I've got exactly what I expected from Samy and The Moment, and I'm happy to wait for the upgrade to 2.1.

Upvote 0
This won't be my last Samsung or my last Android. I mean every phone has it's problems but to call the probs with this phone a "Experience" is very naive.

And here's the thing I'm laughing about with all you posting negative, you may be complaining about Samsung and not getting your update now and whatever else, I can only read so many whines before it gets dull, but you still bought the phone. I might recommend you do some real research before you go buy a shiny new toy next time. The 52 to 14 vote kinda proves the point that this is not a bad phone it's considered a positive for Samsung and Android....or the high user ratings on nearly every phone review site.....or common sense......or the fact that you're the minority on your own poll.

Anyway all my phones have been from Samsung and they've all been plenty reliable to me so I've got no reason to jump ship, my next phone will probably be a Samsung. As for Android, I really like it, but seeing as it's not much over a year old I'm not surprised by the bugs in the system, it'll get better and be beating the Iphone OS in the future though. 1.5 is what drags down the Moment cause all the hardware is more then powerful enough to make it a great phone. I've got exactly what I expected from Samy and The Moment, and I'm happy to wait for the upgrade to 2.1.

yeah it's 1.5 that drags the phone down, not the battery, gps or any of the other bugs that the phone itself and not android had :rolleyes:

Why don't you take your name calling and condescending post and Sh*ve it up your a** sideways... thats if there is enough room there with your head being in the way :cool:

its a poll based on ppl's user experience and opinion. how about you learn what a opinion is and how ppl are allowed to have a different one from the one you have without having to be talked down to... d**che.

Upvote 0

Here's the deal.
-If you had bothered to read, you would understand that nearly all of us can agree that the phone is great. The hardware is wonderful, and the software, as a smartphone, has bugs that were always expected.
-If you had bothered to read, you would understand that this poll has to do with Samsung's maintenance of the phone, and the other elements in the OP... if you had gotten that far.
-If you had bothered to read, you might understand that this is not a contest, but rather an attempt to judge where the Moment users stand. And throughout most of the vote, about 1 in 4 had been dissatisfied with Samsung's maintenance of the Moment's software.
-If you had bothered to read, you would understand that more than half of the defensive posts written have nothing to do with Samsung's maintenance of this phone, but rather, like you, went off topic and based their opinion on how all smart phones have bugs. No one disagrees with you. So why are you pointing out the painfully obvious like it's supposed to be a striking revelation?:thinking:
moving on...
-Now if you account for the (approx) 50% of defensive posts being made the grounds of a total miscomprehension of the poll's purpose, and you apply that to the percentages of the voting poll, you will see that it's actually about a 50/50 split between informed voters.;) Though of course, you would have picked up on this IF you had bothered to read.
-In your above post, I went ahead and italicized everything that had to do with the phone's hardware and software bugs. As I said before, that is not what this is about. Everything that is remaining in normal font is almost on topic. However by looking at it alone, no conclusions can be drawn about your opinion because it was taken completely out of context, as if you had bothered to read.

ANYWAYS. Next time you want to laugh about one side of a discussion, I suggest you read and catch up (and understand what the discussion is about) before you jump in and end up with everyone laughing at you. This is a serious discussion about Samsung's treatment of this phone. Don't try to change the discussion, keep it on topic, and stop trying to belittle others that have a different opinion.

You are more than welcome to join in on the discussion if you would like to make points on topic. In fact, I will make an outline for you.
*How long have you had your Moment handset?
*What has your experience been like in getting the update or dealing with Samsung?
*Do you believe that 3+ months is an appropriate waiting time before making the very first software patch available to the market as a whole?
*If yes, then where do you stand on the issue of other manufactures introducing their first software patches by the end of the month, or even a couple weeks after release?
*What is your opinion about Samsung's disclosure about the intended updates? Is the fact that they wouldn't even release any information about the CL14 update for months on end acceptable?
*Most of Samsung Moment owners want to get the 2.1 upgrade sooner or later, but WE ALL wanted to get the battery patched ASAP. Do you believe that Samsung dragging their heels to fix a key issue with the phone is a completely acceptable business practice that should romance consumers into sticking around?
*Should Samsung Moment owners completely ignore those issues and continue to purchase from a deadbeat (IMO) manufacturer? Or should they make their next purchase from another company?

Thank you for taking the time to read.

Upvote 0
Here's the deal.
-If you had bothered to read, you would understand that nearly all of us can agree that the phone is great. The hardware is wonderful, and the software, as a smartphone, has bugs that were always expected.

I think the point of his post is that he had picked D (got no problem with Samsung) and got carried away with "why". I see no point in chastising him for it.

Upvote 0
I think the point of his post is that he had picked D (got no problem with Samsung) and got carried away with "why". I see no point in chastising him for it.
He apparently didn't even read to the bottom of the OP (pre- EDIT2). His point was made in the very first sentence of his post, and the rest served no purpose other than a meandering insult against those that disagreed with him, and he was off topic with his reasoning.:thinking:

Blah, at this point I wouldn't have a huge problem with this thread getting locked because I feel like I failed on my initial explanation for the purpose of the poll... Now, only through sweeping assumptions (such as that 50% of off-topic posts would represent 50% of votes cast) are the poll results anything meaningful to the original purpose.:( Sorry.

Upvote 0
He apparently didn't even read to the bottom of the OP (pre- EDIT2). His point was made in the very first sentence of his post, and the rest served no purpose other than a meandering insult against those that disagreed with him, and he was off topic with his reasoning.:thinking:

Blah, at this point I wouldn't have a huge problem with this thread getting locked because I feel like I failed on my initial explanation for the purpose of the poll... Now, only through sweeping assumptions (such as that 50% of off-topic posts would represent 50% of votes cast) are the poll results anything meaningful to the original purpose.:( Sorry.

other peoples level of reading comprehension is no fault or yours :D

Upvote 0
He apparently didn't even read to the bottom of the OP (pre- EDIT2). His point was made in the very first sentence of his post, and the rest served no purpose other than a meandering insult against those that disagreed with him, and he was off topic with his reasoning.

I've been a usenet fan since the middle of the 90's and one thing I learned early on is that you can't prevent people from saying anything they want to say whenever they want to say it (unless it's moderated). When someone says something you don't like you really only have thee choices... A. Ignore it. B. Respond with something informative without malice. Or C. Jump their s**t. A is sometimes the best choice, but B is often better. C will never get you what you want and often drives people away, people that may currently be clueless but have potential to be helpful in the future.

You started this thread so I guess you have a vested interest in keeping it on topic and I can't fault you for that. But I just hate it when good threads get closer to proving "Godwin's Law". :rolleyes:

Reactions: CriticalCritic
Upvote 0
I have 2 Moments on order now. Sucked giving up the Eris but Verizon is terrible, plus with Sprints 129.99 Family unlimited everything plan its a no brainer.

I always wait til the new phones get all the major kinks worked out before I take the plunge. Plus if you wait they are way cheaper!

I hope my moment experience is good.

Upvote 0
When someone says something you don't like you really only have thee choices... A. Ignore it. B. Respond with something informative without malice. Or C. Jump their s**t. A is sometimes the best choice, but B is often better. C will never get you what you want and often drives people away, people that may currently be clueless but have potential to be helpful in the future.

You started this thread so I guess you have a vested interest in keeping it on topic and I can't fault you for that. But I just hate it when good threads get closer to proving "Godwin's Law". :rolleyes:
I tend to prefer a combination of B and C. It thins the herd by dissuading ignorant posts through fear of confrontation, while at the same time promoting information that may taken into account for useful posts.;) I'd rather have fewer yet informed posts than many many more posts in general. It makes the reading much faster and easier for those new to the thread. But that's just me.

Yeah, I really wanted an accurate sampling about how much of a difference it makes when a company fails to romance their consumer post-sale:rolleyes:

HAHA, I had never heard of Godwin's law before! I just looked it up. The sad thing is, I believe I can remember one or two times it has been proven in this forum:eek:

I always wait til the new phones get all the major kinks worked out before I take the plunge. Plus if you wait they are way cheaper!

I wish I had your patience! I was going to pick up the Pre because it had the slider keyboard (my #1 hardware preference at the time when I was eligible for my Nov 1st upgrade) then all of a sudden there was the Moment. I knew that there were going to be 1st generation software issues, but I also thought that all software issues would be fixed OTA in a reasonable amount of time (<1 month). So it seemed like a no brainer for the Moment's superior hardware.:cool:
You are coming in to the Moment at a great time to avoid the initial 1st gen issues. It's a great phone and I don't doubt that you will enjoy it.

Upvote 0

If some of the bigger issues get fixed (I have to restart phone at times to restore data connection, can't run programs that require newer OS) and you don't get broken phones, then I think you'll be happy. My wife and I got Moments as it seemed the best Android option avaliable to us after we moved to Sprint, and so far we are both happy. I actually expected to have more issues than what we have actually seen after my initial research.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones