• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I access Lotus Notes webmail from my Moment? Please help!

cs89

Nov 14, 2009
I'm wondering if there is a way for me to access Domino Web (work email through the internet) from my Samsung Moment. I have no problem accessing my work email from any regular computer, but when I try to access it with my phone a message comes back saying the server is not available (ie. it won't let me in from my mobile phone). I don't know if this is a firewall security thing with Lotus Notes/Server administration or if my phone's browser can't handle it. Is there a certain android browser I should be using or is there an app that I can download that will allow me to access my webmail? When a mobile device tries to access a site, does the site know it's a mobile device? Is there any way around this?

The way I access work email through the internet is by going to a specific web site and logging into the site. From there I can see my email. I can't do this with my phone.

Any thoughts?

Have you looked at MyLink?

It does pretty much everything...
puce.png
open/ read emails
puce.png
compose new emails
puce.png
view your calendar
puce.png
create appointments
puce.png
access/ edit contacts
puce.png
make calls from your contact list
puce.png
read/edit your tasks
puce.png
read/edit your notes

Upvote 0
Thanks dbpaddler and Jim W. I have looked at this, but it's a server based deal. I work for a large company and getting something like this done would be challenging.

While push mail and syncing would be nice, all I'm wanting to do is login to see my webmail.

I'm guessing our internet browsers send some type of information to the server sayiing it's a mobile device trying to access and at the server level it's saying this is not allowed. Is there any way around this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones