• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How can I boot in recovery?

nicospanas

Jan 26, 2015
I have an LG g-pad 7.0 v410 with lollipop and not rooted. When I try to boot in recovery by holding vol- and power buttons, release power when logo appears & hold immediately all tree buttons together, I only get a screen with the option for factory reset. When trying to boot into recovery with DP tools it boots to a screen with the android little robot open (see image below), but no options are given and after few moments in boots again into the system. I'm pretty sure that while on kit kat there were few options when booting into recovery mode. How can I get to these options? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

256Iemd.jpg

I managed to do it, but I'm not entirely sure how. I think I got into it by vol.down+power booting to the factory reset menu, then vol.down+power booting again. I don't have access to the device right now to test that, however, and when I did it I had had a couple drinks so my memory is foggy.

I tried it but it didn't work. Once in factory reset menu the vol down button will select "yes" and the power will confirm it, which is not what I want to do. I hope you figure out how you did it. Was there a proper recovery menu when you did it?

Upvote 0
There is no stock recovery in most LG devices: they have Download Mode (available that way: put device off and disconnect form the PC if connected; pres and keep pressed the Volume Up button and in the meantime attach the device to a USB port of a PC).

If you installed a custom recovery (for this device the only fully working and suggested is a mod of the TWRP one) you can reach it shutting down the device, then pressing Power + Volume Down buttons togheter and keeping them pressed 'till the LG logo come out, then releasing them for a second and finally pressing and keeping them pressed together again: you'll see the Factory Reset question, confirm two times and then it will launch the recovery!

Upvote 0
There is no stock recovery in most LG devices: they have Download Mode (available that way: put device off and disconnect form the PC if connected; pres and keep pressed the Volume Up button and in the meantime attach the device to a USB port of a PC).

I could swear that when on kitkat there was a stock recovery, but I'm probably wrong.

Thank you very much for pointing out the combo. It will come handy as soon as there is an easy way to root lollipop. :)

Reactions: brainvision
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones