• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Victor Connor

Feb 14, 2020
I just brought this phone very cheap and when I turn it on, its stuck at the Samsung logo. Then I boot it to recovery mode via Vol up + power button and "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and then I choose the menu option "Yes -- delete all user data" and "reboot system now". But its still stuck at the Samsung logo.

Is there a way for me to boot the phone to clear eMMc?

If you can get into recovery mode you can go to sammobile's firmwares and look for your specific device's firmware. You will need a computer, and have Odin installed on it. Instructions will be where you download the firmware.

IT NEEDS TO BE THE ONE EXACTLY FOR YOUR PHONE SO CHECK YOUR MODEL NUMBER MATCHES THE FIRMWARE.

Firmwares are very device specific and flashing the wrong one could screw the phone up even further than it is now.

Of that does not work, then your phone is truly bricked.

Of course this is assuming that the phone has oem enabled. If it's not then the Odin will not work.

Upvote 0
Here is where you go. You will need to know your model number. The details on how to flash it will be where you download the firmware.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones