• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Fold & Flip - Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

ironass

Extreme Android User
Aug 17, 2010
Cotswolds, England
A few procedures that I personally find helpful after installing an update or if I encounter issues are wiping the phone's temporary Cache Partition and using the Galaxy Apps Booster.

Wiping the Cache Partition is considered best practice after a major firmware update and can solve a lot of issues, such as lagging and apps foreclosing. This does not affect your data and is very simple and easy to perform.

Whilst in Recovery mode you can also select the option to, "Repair apps", in case you are experiencing app issues.
This video will show you how to clear your phone's temporary Cache Partition of any corrupt files and detritus that may cause issues for you. It works on both the Z Fold and Z Flip series devices.

(NB. Connecting your device via USB may only be needed for the international devices)

I also use the Galaxy Apps Booster as well, which can be found in the, "Good Guardians", app in the App drawer of Android 13> on some models.
If you do not have Good Guardians in the App drawer, it can be downloaded from the Samsung Store along with its component apps. The app is available only in the USA, Europe, Vietnam, South Korea, and China for flagship devices. See screenshot

Simply run the Galaxy App Booster. If it is your first time using this app it can take awhile to finish. Subsequent runs are around 4 min's.

You may also wish to try out some of the other apps in Good Guardians

Good Guardians

QIxBiZfm.png

Galaxy App Booster
tPq4S4um.png

See, also...“Magic Trick” of Galaxy App Booster

(It may be useful to bookmark this post for future reference)

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
i knew about those crApps since the S7. Only they got preinstalled then. Galaxy App Booster is a task killer with a cutesy name. Battery Guardian is a battery saver. Hasn't everyone figured out those are completely unnecessary especially in modern Android? all the necessary features are baked into Device Care on any One UI device. deep sleep, ultra power saving mode, adaptive power saving, etc.

wiping the cache partition has been part of Android recovery mode since like the very first version in 2008..

Upvote 0
what are you talking about? care to elaborate?
My meaning is that the "Fold & Flip mobiles era" refers to a significant phase in the evolution of mobile phones. During this era, mobile phone manufacturers introduced innovative designs that allowed phones to be folded or flipped, offering users a more compact and versatile device. These foldable and flip phones marked a shift in the way we perceive and use mobile technology, providing both style and functionality in a single device.

Upvote 0
My meaning is that the "Fold & Flip mobiles era" refers to a significant phase in the evolution of mobile phones. During this era, mobile phone manufacturers introduced innovative designs that allowed phones to be folded or flipped, offering users a more compact and versatile device. These foldable and flip phones marked a shift in the way we perceive and use mobile technology, providing both style and functionality in a single device.
ok thats fine. but it is a bit off topic from the conversation in this thread.

i keep forgetting to try app booster. i'll give it a try later today.

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones