• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I link my facebook contacts so they show up in my gmail contacts?

I want to link all of my facebook contacts so they show up in my gmail contacts?

Otherwise, the contact on my phone from Facebook may be, and in many cases is, missing lots of relevant information.

For example, many people don't keep their full address, or their phone number, on Facebook. If this is so, then no phone number or address is stored on my phone for the many friends who got in my contact list via the Facebook Motoblur magic.

I can update these manually, via the phone screen-keyboard, but I would like to use the much easier-to-access PC to gmail user interface. But alas, I cannot, as all of these Facebook contacts don't show up on the gmail list at all.

Any help would be appreciated.

in a lot of cases you can do this straight through your phone. Go into your contacts list and select a facebook/myspace/phone listing and push the menu button. There should be a popup that says link contact. press it and it will bring your contacts list up again. Find that person's associated social networking info, and it will link them together, so that your phonebook/facebook/myspace is all linked. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying pepperdro, but that doesn't seem to be working for me.

Say John Jones got into my Motoblur address book via Facebook. Say I have only a single contact for John Jones in my "Contacts: All contacts" list -- the one that got there via the Facebook connection. When I then select that contact for J.J. and try to "Link contact", it brings up ALL of my other contacts that I could link John Jones to, but not anything that would allow me to link a "John Jones Google profile" to the "John Jones Facebook contact".

So I still don't know how to get my Facebook contacts to show up in my Google email "contacts" book.

in a lot of cases you can do this straight through your phone. Go into your contacts list and select a facebook/myspace/phone listing and push the menu button. There should be a popup that says link contact. press it and it will bring your contacts list up again. Find that person's associated social networking info, and it will link them together, so that your phonebook/facebook/myspace is all linked. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
ahhh... I see what your saying now. hmmm... The google contact list is not Google.com profiles, so much as your contact list that you have created through your phone. So-using your example- if you don't have John Jones' phone number already saved to your phone, he won't have a google profile in your phone. Just think of it as your existing phonebook. hopefully this is a little more on target with your question, lol.

I would say the best way to get your email contacts into your google account is to add them manually, and then link the facebook/myspace/twitter/etc. accounts to those.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones