• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How come it says there is no more space?

lo2

Feb 16, 2012
Ok I have a SE Arc S with Android 2.3.4, and I have run into the following problem:

When I try to update my apps, for instance the Facebook app, the phone says there is not enough space.

But when I go and check in the settings, it says there is around 47 MB space left (see attached picture). So how come I get this "out of free space" message? ANd what to do?

Attachments

• screenshot_2012-10-14_2248.png
    screenshot_2012-10-14_2248.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 50
My guess is that it does not delete the old facebook app when updating. So it downloads and then updates. Even though there is still 25Mb (47-22) left, the system may think there is still not enough space.

Perhaps uninstalling facebook, and then reinstalling the new version may work?

47Mb isn't very much at all!

The Facebook app cannot be un-/re-installed. It comes pre-installed.

The free app 'App 2 SD' shows you what apps can be moved to the SD card and what apps can't.

Upvote 0
Btw some questions:

Do you know a document viewer app, that can be transferred to the SD-card. I currently have Office Suite, which cannot be transferred.

The same with a browser, I currently use Dolphin Browser, so have you got a viable alternative?

Kingsoft Office (international).
Dolphin can be moved to the SD card (and frees up 13Mb of your internal memory).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones