• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I change voice mail notification sound?

I'm a firm believer in the idea that you should not have to get a special app just to do edit basic phone functions. And it's possible that I have a found out how to do this for you without downloading an app. :)

From the home screen do the following:

* Open All Programs
* Scroll to the bottom and open the Voice Mail app. Green icon.
* Press Menu
* Settings
* Scroll to the bottom
* Voicemail Notification Settings > Notification Sound

Try changing this and testing it out. I have not since I already like my sound (DROOOIIID). Good luck. :)

Upvote 0
I'm a firm believer in the idea that you should not have to get a special app just to do edit basic phone functions. And it's possible that I have a found out how to do this for you without downloading an app. :)

From the home screen do the following:

* Open All Programs
* Scroll to the bottom and open the Voice Mail app. Green icon.
* Press Menu
* Settings
* Scroll to the bottom
* Voicemail Notification Settings > Notification Sound

Try changing this and testing it out. I have not since I already like my sound (DROOOIIID). Good luck. :)

Thanks for the tips but it was a fail!

I did this and the tone I wanted to use was in the list of options so I chose it but it didn't play after I called myself.

Anyone else????

Upvote 0
OK, I just got my Incredible last week and this is my 1st smartphone.

Yes, I have the same issue.

I set a default notification sound 'A'

I set a gmail notification sound 'X' and 'X' will play when I receive gmail.

I set an SMS/MMS notification sound 'Y' and 'Y' will play when I get a text message

I set a voicemail notification sound 'Z' but it plays the default notification sound 'A' when I get a VM.

Sounds like a bug ... how do we report it.

Reactions: SCARLETnGREY
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones