• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do I dual boot MIUI & CM7 Reloaded?

Raptor5150

Android Enthusiast
Jul 10, 2011
So I figured if Wifi and Bluetooth at the same time isnt going to work on MIUI ill need an alternative.. and I dont want to have to keep switching rom's back and forth just to play games on onlive.. so could someone give me a guide on how to do this??

Maybe Whyzor could help me with this??

it is possible on our phones right.. because i would just keep a slim'd version of CM7 with onlive on it and switch back to MIUI when im done :)

Thanks guys

(MARC i know ur gonna post in this thread lol.. did you switch to MIUI and try pairing ur G1 or whatever?)

Reactions: zaphodbblx
So I figured if Wifi and Bluetooth at the same time isnt going to work on MIUI ill need an alternative.. and I dont want to have to keep switching rom's back and forth just to play games on onlive.. so could someone give me a guide on how to do this??

Maybe Whyzor could help me with this??

it is possible on our phones right.. because i would just keep a slim'd version of CM7 with onlive on it and switch back to MIUI when im done :)

Thanks guys

(MARC i know ur gonna post in this thread lol.. did you switch to MIUI and try pairing ur G1 or whatever?)

o_O how'd you know?!?!?!? lol :D. Sorry I haven't tried yet I didn't get home til late (sorry!), but I'll do it when I get home from work today.

Anyways there isn't a way to dual boot that I know of right now. Supposedly, they were working on getting boot manager working, but I guess we don't have a 100% unlocked bootloader so I don't know what happened with that. Your best bet would just to make a nandroid of your current setup and then wipe and flash to cm7 and install onlive and make a backup and switch between the nadroid backups. Thats probably the best thing you can do until/ if boot manager ever works for us.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones