• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I find wallpapers saved to sd card?

donnakd

Jan 19, 2010
I saved some wallpapers/backgrounds from the backgrounds app to my sd card. When I saved them, it said "saved to sd card in backgrounds directory(I think or maybe file?). I spent about 2 hours trying to find it---drained my battery doing it(battery still doing much better though--lasted 12 hours today with very, very heavy usage!).
I did see there are some apps to manage your sd card, but am thinking surely I can access it w/out one??

THANKS!
Donna

The Screens app downloads backgrounds to a "Downloaded" folder right in my Albums and will show up when I go to change my lock screen. I haven't been able to find out how to do that for backgrounds downloaded from the Backgrounds app.

Yeah, I have spent way too much time trying to figure it out. Found them in the astro app, and figured out how to move them to the pictures folder there, but they aren't showing up in my albums in all programs. So I will just try the screens app and see what is there. Thanks so much!!

Upvote 0
The Screens app downloads backgrounds to a "Downloaded" folder right in my Albums and will show up when I go to change my lock screen. I haven't been able to find out how to do that for backgrounds downloaded from the Backgrounds app.

I have the same problem with the Backgrounds app now that I have the eris, worked fine on moto droid. Luckily I backed up about 30-40 before I swithched phones! Other wallpaper apps seem to download right into my albums (like they should!). Of course... Backgrounds in THE BEST!! Makes me kinda mad :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones