• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how do i fully remove a2sd from pg cm7?

rhino889a

Android Expert
May 30, 2012
Somewhere in the Internet
Hey guys. Have the pg cm 7 it comes with a2sd built in. This a2sd has been a pain in the ###. I did the a2sd remove in terminal but that didnt do it.I tried manually deleating the scripts but cant seem to find everything. Have looked everywhere.found flashable uninstall scripts for other roms but always from media fire and the zip is always enpty no matter what browser. Been screwing with this for a couple days before asking here. Does anybody know how to remive it for good?

scenarioA: if you made an sd-ext partition for your sdcard, you would need to remove this by saving the data on your card to the computer, and then reformatting the sdcard. once formatted you can copy the data back to your sdcard.

scenarioB:if you did nothing to your sdcard to make you think you have a sd-ext, then we are gonna need more info.

scenarioC:save any info app data info you wish to keep(for example:angrybirds), reboot to recovery, and reflash your rom.

and I have to ask, how old is your sdcard and what is the class lvl?

Upvote 0
I found a script from prevale that helped. Between that and manual deletions i have disabled it. Some files seem to regenerate. Now i have faster boot,more memory more internal storage ,much smoother and snappier system no storage warnings. And better instalatiion and backup management.plus the advantage of swap partition support from playfullgod's plague kernel. It almost seems like a phone with much higher specs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones