1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How Do I get my phone off of google contacts? (Facebook)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by xenonlit, Jan 12, 2012.

1. xenonlit

xenonlit Lurker
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    I just got an HTC Thunderbolt and was shocked to see several phone numbers of Facebook friends who never intended for their phone numbers to show up on everyone's HTC Thunderbolt.

How can I manage and control this for my own phone number, and what should I tell others who don't know that this is going on?

Advertisement

2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Designer/Drafter
    O-town Florida
    when you sign into facebook, one of the first things they ask you is to sync you contacts with FB. there are 3 options.
    sync all contacts
    sync just you contacts
    dont sync

my guess is you chose to sync all contacts. if this is the case, go to menu>settings>applications>manage applications>all choose Facebook, then clear data. you will need to sign in again, once you do choose sync existing contacts. you problem should go away.

if not, go into the "people" app, choose the left most option at the bottom, hit menu>view>then uncheck facebook. this should fix the problem for sure, but it may mess with you existing contacts and how FB interacts with them on your phone.

jj3699 likes this.
  3. nk00

nk00 Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2011
    Then they shouldn't have put their phone numbers into facebook. people are all too quick to enter whatever information is asked for online without thinking of how it's going to be used. Facebook is constantly getting called out for their (lack of) privacy settings, why would you think entering your phone number into a social networking website wouldn't make that number available to other people?

if you don't want your phone number to show up on every one of your friends who has a phone with facebook integration (almost every android phone), don't put your phone number on facebook.

4. jj3699

jj3699 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 22, 2009
    This was the perfect fix me. Thanks Turdbogls