• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How Do I Install Vodafone Software/Firmware on My HTC Desire?

D

Deleted User

I recently just bought a HTC Desire, which is unlocked but has 3 software/firmware on it (e.g., it has the 3 logo at as the start up page, 3 apps, etc.) and I'd like tow know how and where to get Vodafone software/firmware installed on it to make it look Vodafone exclusive. Any help appreciated, thanks...

Haven't the link with me, but select android then phone model is Bravo. Then look for vodafone UK RUUs in the list.

You will need a goldcard to flash it (if this hasn't been said already).

I think this may be the first time I've seen someone wanting to put network bloatware *onto* a phone - people are usually trying to do the opposite ;)

Edit: am assuming UK from coincidence of voda and 3 - ignore that bit if I'm wrong

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Actually something I've thought of: if you use an RUU to convert a 3 phone to a Vodafone one, you may need to be careful with any updates. I suspect they might not work unless you have your goldcard in.

Hopefully someone who actually knows will either confirm or correct this.

That will be the case. A lot of wifi problems have been caused when a debranded handset has been updated with a generic OTO. I assume going from one brand to another will be the same.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones