• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I make ADW Launcher my default screen?

kbearmoney

Apr 9, 2010
What do I have to do to make ADW my default. After everything I do, I get a pop up saying Complete action using ADW or Home. I checked the option to "use by default for this action", and then choose ADW, but the same pop up comes back. Is there anything for me to do once and for all to make ADW my default?

They're just the left and right shortcut icons. You just drag any app you want there and it will appear on each of you screens as you swipe through.

I tried checking the option default button but it doesn't work. Several times I went to Home Settings, Applications, Manage Apps like the directions say, but there's nothing to choose from there. I don't know if it's b/c of the upgrade or what; but I can't find the option to clear the default.

Reactions: Misty3
Upvote 0
I've had the same problem with LancherPro as well where android continuously asks me which app I want to use to display the home screen. When I had launcherpro and awd installed it would give me three choices (original launcher too) no matter how many times I told it to save the default.

It must be a bug in android. I really hope its fixed in froyo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones