• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I reset my Android Samsung phone back to factory settings?

I was locked out of my FB Account for a decade because of their crazy dependence on two-factor authentication that tried to send a verification code (after forcing me to change the password I used fine for years prior!) to a number that hadn't existed for a year or two, so I was unable to login.

Fast forward to late this year, I managed to recover it after they 'fixed' how their 2FA works so I could reset the password and enter any number I wanted to send the code to, or even use email as well, but found out I ain't missin' nothin'.

Facebook is just garbage IMO. There's not even FarmVille (which was what brought me over in the first place) anymore. I don't even recognize it anymore. It's like when I logged into my old Flickr account (the social network I was using before Facebook, I completely missed out on MySpace) in 2015 and I couldn't recognize it, either.

I grow used to the way things have been, and I'm quite stubborn to change. I just avoid anything that constantly changes in hopes I can live a more comfortable life. Even if I get crapped on for it.

The only reason I login to FB these days is when a family member or friend sends a link to a photo on Facebook and I can't view it unless I login first. Often related to my favorite animal.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
This sounds like a Facebook issue, rather than a phone issue....

One would think so.

Sometimes I get a text alert and it appears as a kind of animation at the top of the display on my phone. Like a partial one line message that shrinks down to a single circle. This does not give me enough time to click on it. I have too many messaging apps and the one I pick to be default does not have the messages in its queue that I know I have received. What is more is that I downloaded a recent messaging app that has ads nested within the messages.

Upvote 0
I was locked out of my FB Account for a decade because of their crazy dependence on two-factor authentication that tried to send a verification code (after forcing me to change the password I used fine for years prior!) to a number that hadn't existed for a year or two, so I was unable to login.

Fast forward to late this year, I managed to recover it after they 'fixed' how their 2FA works so I could reset the password and enter any number I wanted to send the code to, or even use email as well, but found out I ain't missin' nothin'.

Facebook is just garbage IMO. There's not even FarmVille (which was what brought me over in the first place) anymore. I don't even recognize it anymore. It's like when I logged into my old Flickr account (the social network I was using before Facebook, I completely missed out on MySpace) in 2015 and I couldn't recognize it, either.

I grow used to the way things have been, and I'm quite stubborn to change. I just avoid anything that constantly changes in hopes I can live a more comfortable life. Even if I get crapped on for it.

The only reason I login to FB these days is when a family member or friend sends a link to a photo on Facebook and I can't view it unless I login first. Often related to my favorite animal.

I had given up on Facebook a long time ago. In fact, for a while, someone seemed to be maliciously abusing the system by requesting to reset my password multiple times and then when I tried, I got a message that I was abusing the system. It seemed someone who disagreed with my political views was on a mission to censor me by keeping me blocked out of Facebook.

But unfortunately I found that a number of Facebook sites are commercial or technical and can help me with my job.

Also, my neighborhood has a Facebook page which can be useful for personal use sometimes like reuniting a lost dog or cat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones