• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how do i set pattern lock time?

pauly814

Nov 7, 2009
Hello,
Hoping one of you long time GN2 owners can help me out.

I have a pattern setup for lock screen. FYI, I am connected to exchange, not sure if that matters. Evrrytime my phone times out {set to a minute} I am asked for my pattern to unlock the phone. Is it possible to make the pattern pop up only after 5 or 10 mins of inactivity?

Thanks

Out of the box the lock always kicks in as soon as the screen times out.

I have a PIN set for mine and use Unlock with Wifi to cause it not to lock to PIN when at home or in the office. I originally found an old version for free somewhere but thought it worth paying for in the end.

There may be other software out there that can delay the lock time if you look around.

Edit: I've done a quick search on the play store for delay screen lock and there are a few but they seem to be paid or ad supported. It would also be worth checking the permissions requested just in case,.

Upvote 0
I did look in the lock screen options before I answered. I don't have either of the options mentioned there. If Pauly does then fair enough. I haven't had my 4.1.2 update yet though so maybe they are in that or maybe they are added by a US carrier.
Darn the carriers. It's always hard to say who is able to do what in the settings. All settings in my device (from what I can tell) are all intact. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for others as that will be carrier dependent. :(

Upvote 0
Mine is non carrier modded.
If yours was not carrier modded, you would have had those options I listed. It was already present in 4.1.1 on mine. Carriers always tend to tweak it to their networks, but at the same time remove or limit the options you have on the device.

I'm in Canada with Telus and they leave the stock ROM alone as it was originally intended by Samsung. They only tweak to their network, but leave everything else alone (no bloat, etc).

Upvote 0
As I understand it there are also regional variances. Mine was bought retail, independent of carrier in the UK.

Edit: I cleared all my VPN credentials so that the phone would let me drop to pattern mode from pin. I now get the option to change lock time.
Many apologies. I had assumed the options would be the same across the board but obviously not.

Edit2: Scratch that. Unlock with Wifi sets my lock mode back to swipe when I am connected to listed access points. That was why I was not seeing the options.
I'll go hide in a corner and say DOH! now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones