• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I transfer files from an extended sd card (Moto g4 plus) to a new sd card?

You can try an app like Motorola Migrate or Samsung Smart Switch.

That's why I have always resisted integrating my microSD card with internal storage: internal storage is not safe, in my opinion. If I have all my data in internal storage (which would include extended storage) and drop the phone, bad update, can't boot up, etc., how do I get to my data? I don't. It's as good as gone. That's why I keep my files on the card. If the phone breaks, I pop out the card, put it in another phone and keep going.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
You can try an app like Motorola Migrate or Samsung Smart Switch.

That's why I have always resisted integrating my microSD card with internal storage: internal storage is not safe, in my opinion. If I have all my data in internal storage (which would include extended storage) and drop the phone, bad update, can't boot up, etc., how do I get to my data? I don't. It's as good as gone. That's why I keep my files on the card. If the phone breaks, I pop out the card, put it in another phone and keep going.

True that! Using an sdcard as Internal storage will also burn out even the best cards early..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones