• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you carry the EVO around?

I see a whole lot of answers, but no visuals to go with them. I hate keeping ANYTHING in my pockets including Mp3 players (I have several) and phones. I prefer a holster type case with a very low profile clip. Not necessarily belt type clips (I hate those thick ones) but I'm not against them, either. I much prefer to put the clips over my pants and under the belt.

What I'd love to find, is a case which protects the phone while having it be fully functional at the same time, and with a clip. So, the front would be somewhat open (I guess some kind of a clear plastic shell screen?) and the back would have an attached clip.

Any ideas for products out there like this?

doug

Upvote 0
I see a whole lot of answers, but no visuals to go with them. I hate keeping ANYTHING in my pockets including Mp3 players (I have several) and phones. I prefer a holster type case with a very low profile clip. Not necessarily belt type clips (I hate those thick ones) but I'm not against them, either. I much prefer to put the clips over my pants and under the belt.

What I'd love to find, is a case which protects the phone while having it be fully functional at the same time, and with a clip. So, the front would be somewhat open (I guess some kind of a clear plastic shell screen?) and the back would have an attached clip.

Any ideas for products out there like this?

doug

What would be the benefit of having your screen "open" with the clip attached to your pants? That would terribly awkward to try to navigate screens and look at text messages while the Evo is at your hip. With that said, I'm assuming you mean to have a case that covers the screen with a clear film, a case to cover the back but with a clip on the case as well.

Upvote 0
What would be the benefit of having your screen "open" with the clip attached to your pants? That would terribly awkward to try to navigate screens and look at text messages while the Evo is at your hip. With that said, I'm assuming you mean to have a case that covers the screen with a clear film, a case to cover the back but with a clip on the case as well.

Um... Yeah. That's pretty much what I meant. Guess my description was fairly poor. But, who navigates while the phone is attached to their hip anyway? That sounds rather odd. BTW, the EVO Splash Cruiser looks to be exactly what I had in mind, from what I can see. And it looks like the front IS open, no sort of plastic or clear shell to get all mucky.

Doug

Upvote 0
I take it...and
THROW IT ON THE GROUND​

340x_screen_shot_2010-07-29_at_5.47.49_pm.jpg

Upvote 0
I just got my Seidio Innocase II w/holster. Love it. Strong clip and smooth but tacky metallic-look case. The clip holds car visors well so it's perfect for handsfree speakerphone use. All ports are accessible. It holds the EVO face in to protect the screen so no screen protection needed. Got such a great deal (under $19 ea), so I ordered 2, because I'm sure I'll break the first one eventually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones