• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you organise/structure your homescreen.

uzee

May 14, 2010
Scotland
I will be soon getting my N1 ad was thinking of the structure of the home screens.

Naturally i wont just dump any apps/icons on the screen. Im thinkng of categorising each home screen - media, social/communication/internet/work/ etc.

what do you think?

Is this how u organise?

I will be soon getting my N1 ad was thinking of the structure of the home screens.

Naturally i wont just dump any apps/icons on the screen. Im thinkng of categorising each home screen - media, social/communication/internet/work/ etc.

what do you think?

Is this how u organise?

I only use one screen since I'm a minimalist. I don't like having to flip between screens with cluttered apps all over the place. I only use twelve apps on the one screen I use as my home screen:

1) Quicksettings
2) Browser
3) Google Voice
4) SIPagent
5) Camera
6) Shazam
7) MixZing
8) Voice Recorder
9) Android Market
10) Gmail
11) Documents to go
12) Google tasks (browser bookmark set as homescreen app)

I use all of these throughout the day so anything else goes in the normal app drawer. I absolutely hate clutter and love open space so I organize my home screen accordingly :D

Upvote 0

what do you think?

Is this how u organise?

Congrats on getting the N1, I would check out this thread to see what other people are doing with their home screens:
http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/37620-post-your-nexus-one-home-screens-7.html

If look around this site you will find these types of threads everywhere. It's a good way to get ideas and learn about apps/widgets that are out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones