1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support How does Galaxy mount on PC?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gordonwd, Feb 11, 2011.

1. gordonwd

gordonwd Well-Known Member

I don't own a Galaxy, but produce an Android app that requires the user to copy a file to a specific directory on the SD card. But at least one user is/was having difficulty due to the device being mounted as an "MTP device", and then she says she only has a choice of "Media" or "Data" folders to drag the file into.

Is this correct? Is the MTP Data folder a single folder, or is it a view into the actual directory structure of the SD card? She says that my app is working, so somehow the file must have made it, but she's definitely not very technical and has not been able to explain what she is doing.

I also have quite a number of other Galaxy users and have not heard of any difficulties from them, so I don't know what to think.

Advertisement

2. beer-in-box

beer-in-box Well-Known Member

Tell her to check "USB debug mode" on.

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Android Expert

It's a bloody nightmare to get the Galaxy S to mount onto the PC if you don't know what you are doing. Simplest method would be to pluck the SD card out, stick it in a card reader, copy the file over, stick it back into the Galaxy S, and then move the file to the correct location.

4. w98seeng

w98seeng Newbie

Go to...
    Settings
    Wireless and Network
    USB Settings
    click on "Ask on Connection"

When you connect the USB cable to the phone, it will ask you how you want to use the connection...
    Samsung Kies
    Media Player
    Mass Storage

Choose Mass Storage then click on Connect USB Storage.

This will enable you to connect the phone to the PC better.

Ian