• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How fast is the 3G?

GamingForever

Sep 1, 2011
What are your speed test results from just using the regular internet browser for mobilespeedtest and the app speedtest...

Also, from users coming off the prevail, What are the speeds of your prevail you were getting from those two sites... (unrooted)

I want to see how faster the 3G is...

The ZTE Warp uses the CDMA EVDO Rev. A - and I think the max speed that protocol can handle is right at 3.1MB for downloads.

That said, in the area where I am right now (mountainous), with 4 out of 5 bars of signal strength, mobilespeedtest.com says a 2MB file transfer runs at 1.31 MB, not too shabby considering that we have to share the overall tower bandwidth with all other cell phone users (e.g. everybody using Boost and Sprint).

Upvote 0
The Prevail uses the exact same CDMA-EvDo rev. A protocol. The pushed an update from EE13 to EE14(Froyo) which boosted 3g slightly. Earlier this week the Prevail was updated again to Gingerbread 2.3.5, which the Warp has as well. Basically since they are using the same radio and the same version of Android 3g performance should be similar. The Warp may have a slight edge though based off of better phone specs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones