• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How long does your battery last in your i5700?

Download 'Taskpanel' from marketplace. When you've used an app you want to stop from running in the background (NOT stuff that reminders and alarms require such as Calender, obviously, also probaly not Music etc), open Taskpanel, long-click the task, then add to autokill list.

Next time you turn the screen off (lock the screen) taskpanel will autokill the apps in the list (and will continue to do so every time they start, and the screen goes off).

Download 'APNdroid' from the marketplace and use it to turn 3G off when you're not using it (ie; when you're not browsing or whatever). DO NOT UNINSTALL THIS APP WITH 3G OFF since it'll mess your settings. It's a great little app though - put a widget on your home screen.

Turn off all the data syncs and sync manually when you want to check email/update contacts etc.

Turn off wifi and GPS (using the provided 'Switchers' when you're not using them).

Turn down the screen brightness to the lowest level you're still happy with.

If you do all that, you should find your battery life is massively improved.

Thx a lot!!!

Upvote 0
Download 'Taskpanel' from marketplace. When you've used an app you want to stop from running in the background (NOT stuff that reminders and alarms require such as Calender, obviously, also probaly not Music etc), open Taskpanel, long-click the task, then add to autokill list.

Next time you turn the screen off (lock the screen) taskpanel will autokill the apps in the list (and will continue to do so every time they start, and the screen goes off).

Download 'APNdroid' from the marketplace and use it to turn 3G off when you're not using it (ie; when you're not browsing or whatever). DO NOT UNINSTALL THIS APP WITH 3G OFF since it'll mess your settings. It's a great little app though - put a widget on your home screen.

Turn off all the data syncs and sync manually when you want to check email/update contacts etc.

Turn off wifi and GPS (using the provided 'Switchers' when you're not using them).

Another confirmation.
I installed "Battery Left Widget" from market because i thought my phone's indicator was wrong (and I WAS RIGHT).
The widget showed 55% battery left and phone's was almost full. After installing APNdroid and TaskKiller from market and closed all not needed apps the widget showed 85% battery left .... VERY NICE IMPROVEMENT.

Thanks ...

Upvote 0

Thanks a lot for those tips. Turning off 3G did indeed improve battery life. I still don't know how better it is because I use my phone a lot. I just got it a couple weeks ago so I've been downloading the whole market to it.

I sometimes have "only 2G" option enabled and it also saves battery. Or even have wifi enabled and still running for longer time than before. That 3G is voracious.

It's a tiny bit disappointing having to do all of this in order to keep the phone alive throughout a day but hey, it isn't expensive at all and I'm having great fun with it. Long journeys in the train are no longer boring.

Upvote 0
Guys,
I'm really surprised to see this topic in the forum :thinking:, because my Spica last for 5 (five) days. Average usage per day 1h talks, 1/2h WiFi and some other things (to see clock, checking for missed calls/mails/sms, BT transfers of MP3 e.t.c.)!!! Often it's closing the week, if I don't push it during the holidays!
I'm very strict with the battery usage - waiting to drain completelly (to warning message) and charging for over 4h (while iGauge say 100% charged) or overnight!

Upvote 0
I just bought this phone few days ago..
I got this issue too, my battery ends at 10 hours in past 4 days..(IM always on)

But something strange tonight with the battery (I monitor it from iGauge), when it reach 10% I pluged the adaptor, the battery incresed to 30% instantly..then 50% in 1 minutes later..I very amazed, then I unplugged..the battery still 50%..what the...
Is something wrong with my battery, is the calibrate error?

Upvote 0
Guys,
I'm really surprised to see this topic in the forum :thinking:, because my Spica last for 5 (five) days. Average usage per day 1h talks, 1/2h WiFi and some other things (to see clock, checking for missed calls/mails/sms, BT transfers of MP3 e.t.c.)!!! Often it's closing the week, if I don't push it during the holidays!
I'm very strict with the battery usage - waiting to drain completelly (to warning message) and charging for over 4h (while iGauge say 100% charged) or overnight!
Thanks for the tips..My battery now more durable.:D
7.00 am fully charged..
I start online my IM at 8.30 am
A little browsing about 45minutes total
Now at 4 pm my battery still 70%

Info from android systeminfo
uptime : 9hours
uptime without sleep 6hours 42min..

THANKS..VERY HELPFULL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones