• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How long to do a backup to a flash drive using SanDisk Memory Zone?

150GB transferred to a USB thumb-drive, from experience that may take an hour or so. Make sure the phone battery has plenty of charge in it. Also you don't have to the Sandisk app, you could just copy the music using the Samsung phone's stock File Manager app. That's how I copy files too and from the phone to USB drives.

Upvote 0
150GB transferred to a USB thumb-drive, from experience that may take an hour or so. Make sure the phone battery has plenty of charge in it. Also you don't have to the Sandisk app, you could just copy the music using the Samsung phone's stock File Manager app. That's how I copy files too and from the phone to USB drives.
The reason that I want to use the Sandisk Memory Zone app is because in addition to copy function it also has a backup/restore function. I was planning on using the backup function to copy my music to the flash drive and could then restore it if I ever needed to. Does that sound like a good plan? Or should I just do it the way that you suggested? If I just want to put a copy of my music on the flash drive I could just plug it into my Mac and copy my music that way.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
The reason that I want to use the Sandisk Memory Zone app is because in addition to copy function it also has a backup/restore function. I was planning on using the backup function to copy my music to the flash drive and could then restore it if I ever needed to. Does that sound like a good plan? Or should I just do it the way that you suggested? If I just want to put a copy of my music on the flash drive I could just plug it into my Mac and copy my music that way.

I think either method is ok, as they're only copying music files from one storage medium to another.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones