• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How many EVO's sold today?

Oldbean.jpg

Reactions: clambert1273
Upvote 0
ya know about this issue I wonder if the ppl in the store try to make it sound like they're selling more than they are.

First called up "got any evo's" no we're sold out
"darn im a new customer"
"oh really? i think we have one"

I get to the store and the girl said there was "one" left after i bought the "last" one.

Did see the manager hand the girl some paperwork about some guy coming from ATT who is getting rid of 5 iphones for 5 evo's.. nice to be rich eh? Wish that was my family.

Either that or i just got a weird feeling it was a setup. Pump up their new product infront of all their customers. Always seeming to have one left and having big accounts passed infront of customers.

Upvote 0
I'm reasonable sure that Radioshack sold nearly all they had at launch nationally. I know of 17 stores (whole district) that sold all their "first come first serve" stock, and it seems most of the preorders were bought as well. The people with preorders still have tomorrow to be able to pick them up. There was also a "reserve" that stores could sell out of the warehouse as if they were in the store, that would be shipped direct to the customer. Those were also gone sometime before 1 pm pacific time. You can be sure district managers will be checking on each and every unit that's still in stores tomorrow morning, having the stores call the customers that have preordered them and not picked up again. Any that are in store right now and weren't preordered, the DMs or even higher, may be moving to other stores(that can sell them) in the morning.

My guess would be the same for Bestbuy, if some Sprint stores were given more, and haven't sold out, there may be some changes in those Sprint stores.

Upvote 0
I pre-ordered at a mall Radio Shack. The guy there said in 12 years this is the most demand he's seen for a phone including the iPhone. Sprint rep walked in while mine was being activated, and the RS guy was like "I'm going to kill you!" due to the lag..Sprint rep was like "that's what happens when there are 100,000 activations in one day."

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones