• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Often Does "it" Freeze?

Just got mine replaced for a different issue. The new one has the freezing/rebooting issue. I tried installing a custom ROM, but sadly that does not work.

Must be a hardware issue. Just a note, when they replaced my phone, they kept my old battery...but my previous phone (with current battery) didn't have any problems so that couldn't be it.

Upvote 0
The problem is that it happens every 10-15 minutes or so, randomly. So replicating the problem for them at the store would be a hassle. :(

EDIT:

Also, my phone currently has a custom ROM (custom boot screen) and is rooted. If I were to show them the problem, would they just say "oh, you shouldn't have installed a custom rom/rooted it, that's the problem"

Because I know for a fact, it's been doing it since I first turned it on.

Upvote 0
The problem is that it happens every 10-15 minutes or so, randomly. So replicating the problem for them at the store would be a hassle. :(

EDIT:

Also, my phone currently has a custom ROM (custom boot screen) and is rooted. If I were to show them the problem, would they just say "oh, you shouldn't have installed a custom rom/rooted it, that's the problem"

Because I know for a fact, it's been doing it since I first turned it on.
Then you'll have to return the phone to stock. No matter how long it takes, sit there and fiddle with it in front of them or give it to them and tell them to start opening random items until it crashes on them. I don't know how understanding LG Warranty Repair is about the issue to say if you can send it to them for a replacement.

Upvote 0
I've been having the freeze/rebooting issue since I got it in March or April. I never brought it back and seems that there is a good chance after waiting for the replacement I could have ended up with another messed up phone (also heard people were getting refurbed replacements). So I rooted it the other night and last night flashed the sense rom and unfortunately even with all the bloatware gone it's still freezing/rebooting but I think it's still less of a hassle than trying to deal with Metro OR lg....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones