1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips How Often Does "it" Freeze?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Optimus_User, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Optimus_User

Optimus_User Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 17, 2011
    How common is the rebooting-freezing issue with the MetroPCS LG Optimus M? Mine does it, and after battling the stores costumer service, I finally got an XBM- exchange by mail. Thanks to my brother. Do you think my exchanged phone will work properly?

Advertisement

2. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Android Expert
    None

Only way to know is to stress it out and see. If it crashes from running 2 or 3 apps, it's probably another bad one.

3. jadon159

jadon159 Newbie
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    Just got mine replaced for a different issue. The new one has the freezing/rebooting issue. I tried installing a custom ROM, but sadly that does not work.

Must be a hardware issue. Just a note, when they replaced my phone, they kept my old battery...but my previous phone (with current battery) didn't have any problems so that couldn't be it.

4. jadon159

jadon159 Newbie
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    By "does not work" I mean that it does not fix the rebooting issue.

5. Darnell0216

None

Then yes, your replacement has a hardware issue. Probably the RAM or CPU. Show them it reboots in front of them and ask for a replacement of your replacement.

6. jadon159

jadon159 Newbie
    None

Jul 12, 2011
    The problem is that it happens every 10-15 minutes or so, randomly. So replicating the problem for them at the store would be a hassle. :(

EDIT:

Also, my phone currently has a custom ROM (custom boot screen) and is rooted. If I were to show them the problem, would they just say "oh, you shouldn't have installed a custom rom/rooted it, that's the problem"

Because I know for a fact, it's been doing it since I first turned it on.

7. Darnell0216

None

Then you'll have to return the phone to stock. No matter how long it takes, sit there and fiddle with it in front of them or give it to them and tell them to start opening random items until it crashes on them. I don't know how understanding LG Warranty Repair is about the issue to say if you can send it to them for a replacement.

8. japanesefrog

japanesefrog Newbie
    None

I've been having the freeze/rebooting issue since I got it in March or April. I never brought it back and seems that there is a good chance after waiting for the replacement I could have ended up with another messed up phone (also heard people were getting refurbed replacements). So I rooted it the other night and last night flashed the sense rom and unfortunately even with all the bloatware gone it's still freezing/rebooting but I think it's still less of a hassle than trying to deal with Metro OR lg....

Tags: