• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how root android once again

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
Without more information, it will be very difficult to give you a proper reply. If you need to discuss the issue further, you will have to either post another guest question or register free via the link in my signature.

I don't know what device you have or what rooting method you used but for the sake of this post, I will assume you have a custom recovery installed.

Please download the latest SuperSU here: SuperSU Download

Place that .zip file on your sd card/internal storage. Boot into your custom recovery an go to the install menu. Choose the .zip file you saved to the phone and install it. This should install the binaries you need and give you root again.

Upvote 0
If you're asking how to root your phone. There's a way to do it with a touch of a button.

Go to www.towelroot.com > click the towel root logo > the app will automatically start downloading > install the app > open the app and click make it rain. You should have root if not it will tell you your phone is not supported at this time. If it says you now have root access run SuperSU again and see what you get. When you get into SuperSU it will say you need to update click normal and when it says it has detected Knox hit cancel and it will ask are you sure because it may cause pop ups just click you're sure. And then you will have root access.

Upvote 0
Is the binary not installed or is it not up to date? Are you sure you successfully flashed the superSU.zip via a custom recovery?

I don't know what you mean by:
Yes .but now super su disappeared .what to do next

Flashing the zip through recovery will install the binaries and the app. I don't know what disappeared and from where?

Do you have a custom recovery on the device (TWRP or ClockworkMOD)??

Reactions: atific555
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones