• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to access and store files in Android/data folder in android 11

I don't think this is a Thing Which Can Be Done given the security considerations of app scoped storage. One app can't access another app's data directly.

I'm not a developer though so maybe I'm missing something. But my understanding is that Android 11 is specifically designed to prevent this from happening.

Reactions: Hadron and Dannydet
Upvote 0
I'm sure you can do it if the device is rooted. I don't know of a way of doing this without root, but because of the ways this could be abused by malware I hope you'll forgive me if I also hope that there isn't one.
Bro i am developing an app so i can't root everyone's device. I need a way. Google has just changed a way to access these folders and we should try thing that work out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones