• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to add contact what come in sms?

OIZOman

Lurker
May 4, 2010
Hello,
Can somebody explain how i can import the vCard in my contacts.
Two peoples ar sending me the vCards via sms. One of phones was nokia, other Htc diamond. In sms i see the attached vCard. When i press on it at screen i see that "The vCard has been imported successufuly" But there is the problem. I cant find this vCard in my contacts. I cant find it on SD card too. What is the problem? Can anybody help please?

sorre for bad language. :)

I have this issue as well. However when I tap and hold the vCard I get a popup saying that com.android.mms has stopped working.

The odd thing is that even though the imported vCard's contact did not show up in my phonebook in the regular view, if I searched for the name using the search function or the smart dial in the dialler, the contact would appear in the search results. It just seemed like the contact went into a 'twilight zone' somewhere.

I managed to work around the issue by copying the number into a Google contact (I had that person's e-mail address previously). The number still would not appear in my People view (same issue as paragraph above) until I went into the contacts book on my PC and edited it.

Upvote 0
i was stuck with this problem until you mentioned that last bit fiish to which i figured it out.

when i set up my contacts they were all on the sim. and then i transfered them to my google contacts. at this point i removed the phone view of the contacts and in my people program i could see only one copy of everyone! then when i went to make a call i searched for a contact and it showed me two of everyone because it viewed my SIM and google contacts.

this made me think. I searched for the contact i just added via vcard and found it!! i opened it and it told me it was saved in the phone!! this is why you cannot see it when lookin in your contacts but can when you search!!

so what i did was export the contact from the phone to the sim. delete the phone contact, then import from sim and select to import it to google account. then i deleted the sim contact and viola. the sim and phone contacts are gone, and the google contact remains, and is visible, only once, in all searches / programs on the desire!!!

HTH

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones