• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to add multiple numbers in a single contact

Go to contacts - tap and hold on any contact - you will get menu with some options, select edit - There you can see the current contact number - just right side to that number you can see a " + " symbol - just tap that symbol you will get another box field to enter new number for the same contact.

You can change number types such as mobile, home, fax etc.. by just tapping the current tab.

It seems like you are quite new not only to android, but also any smartphone..Don't worry...within just a few days, you will come to know all the features and how to use your mobile efficiently.:)

Reactions: mknu and Rush
Upvote 0
Thanks for your response and encouragement !
I tried tap & hold on a particular contact and click edit and i get a view with existing entries which i can edit. There is no + or - sign as you mentioned...
Please let me know what I am missing ... thanks and hope to hear from you soon...

Upvote 0
There is no + or - sign as you mentioned...
Please let me know what I am missing...

I think, you have saved that contact in SIM memory...usually there is no option to save multiple numbers or contact pictures etc. for SIM contacts...make sure that contact is not saved with SIM.

If you save a contact as phone or google contact...you won't be having a problem like this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones