1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to add multiple numbers in a single contact

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gvm123, Dec 29, 2011.

1. gvm123

gvm123 Lurker

Hi,
    I have a new Samsung Mini.
    Can you please help me with adding multiple phone numbers within the same contact?
    Your guidance would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ramkumarn

ramkumarn Lurker

Go to contacts - tap and hold on any contact - you will get menu with some options, select edit - There you can see the current contact number - just right side to that number you can see a " + " symbol - just tap that symbol you will get another box field to enter new number for the same contact.

You can change number types such as mobile, home, fax etc.. by just tapping the current tab.

It seems like you are quite new not only to android, but also any smartphone..Don't worry...within just a few days, you will come to know all the features and how to use your mobile efficiently.:)

mknu and Rush like this.
  3. gvm123

gvm123 Lurker

Thanks for your response and encouragement !
    I tried tap & hold on a particular contact and click edit and i get a view with existing entries which i can edit. There is no + or - sign as you mentioned...
    Please let me know what I am missing ... thanks and hope to hear from you soon...

4. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Nice job ramkumarn... I'll make sure to bookmark this info - so as to use if anyone else having this problem.

Helpful posts like these need to be thanked. ;)

5. ramkumarn

ramkumarn Lurker

I think, you have saved that contact in SIM memory...usually there is no option to save multiple numbers or contact pictures etc. for SIM contacts...make sure that contact is not saved with SIM.

If you save a contact as phone or google contact...you won't be having a problem like this.

Tee Pee 2000 and gvm123 like this.
  6. gvm123

gvm123 Lurker

Thanks !.. Ya that is right... i transferred sim contacts to phone memory and it worked.. thanks a lot !

7. Tee Pee 2000

Tee Pee 2000 Lurker

Good info. Got it sorted thanks to you.

Samsung Galaxy Mini Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Mini release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.14" inch screen, 3MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1200mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews