• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to backup?

Simplest would be to drag and drop onto your computer. Someone suggested on another thread to create a media specific folder when attached to a pc, for example for my music I created a music folder and put onto my sd card sd card>media>music or something similar. I still have yet to transfer from my internal sd to my external however. I did do this to transfer my music, pics, vids, NO APPS though that I dont' know specifically. No problems with my music, pics, videos.

I don't know how to safely root this phone otherwise I would suggest Titanium backup but I'm still kinda noobish with that too. :eek:

I've had a Captivate before and that was my first Android. Switching info from one phone to another w/o using the company's cloud service I'm a bit iffy on too so any additional insight is greatly appreciated. :D

Upvote 0
I've been told that the apps you buy in the Android Market can be re-downloaded on any Android OS phone providing you sign into the same account you downloaded from. HOWEVER, when I got my Inspire I wasn't able to do so.

If you are able to root your phone and your previous phone I would suggest Titanium Backup but HTC also says they can transfer all data from your prev Android to your current one. I haven't tried this though as I'm wanting to test the Atrix out and don't want to commit in signing up if I like the Atrix better. I don't know a direct way to transfer data though :thinking: Sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones