• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Block Text Messages .....

I need to find some way to Block Text Messages with no Phone Number ..... I keep getting Spam .....

Can anyone recommend an Android app that works good to Block Text Messages?

My phone is the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, running KitKat 4.4.2

Go into your phone's stock text messaging application and press your phone's menu button and choose "Settings", after which you will be taken to a menu screen with a set of options and a tab named "More" at the top of those set of options.

Click on the tab labelled "More" and then the set of options underneath will change.

Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the options list until you come to a section labelled "Spam message settings". Then put a tick/check in the box to the right of the option labelled "spam settings".

Then the "Block unknown senders" option will be available for you to put a tick/check in the box to the right of that option too. This will block unknown spam text messages.

2014-05-11%2000.11.28.png

Reactions: ad2435
Upvote 0
Its nice that your phone has that option but my VZW Note 3 native messaging app does not. (Figures!) I use Blacklist PLUS PRO as an alternate solution though and it works fine. Hopefully the OP will be more fortunate and has the same option you do.:) Of course it could be because I don't have Kitkat yet. Dumb Kies says I am current with 4.3!

I am using Jelly Bean 4.3 rooted with stock firmware from United Kingdom phone network Everything Everywhere (EE)

Upvote 0
Well that explains it then. I just got the OTA update for kitkat and still no option in the native app to block spam. I guess it is just a matter of different versions of the same phone. Lucky you. I would have liked that option.

I dont have use for or know anyone who has used this application but you can try an application called "Mr Number - Block calls, texts" available by searching from the Google Play store.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones