• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to Change Keyboard Color on Galaxy S4 Mini

blackcat7

Lurker
Jun 27, 2016
My t9 keyboard background used to be black. Somehow, it changed to white while I was typing. It's ugly as heck and hard to read so I really want it back to black.

I have searched many forums. All say go to Language&Input > Keyboard > Colors/themes/etc.

I do NOT have that option. I do not even have a google keyboard option!

My Language and Input settings looks like this,
Language: English
Default > Samsung Keyboard
[check] Samsung Keyboard
[check] Swype
[check] Google voice typing

For my default keyboard, I can ONLY choose between Samsung and Swype.

I am hoping someone can help me change it back.

I do NOT want to download an app to fix it. I do not want to remove my t9 or switch to Swype main keyboard. If it can change to white, it can certainly change back!

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
Android version 4.4.2
Kernal

I will greatly love and appreciate anyone who can figure this out for me.

It's probably a setting somewhere on the keyboard accessed by long-pressing something, but I honestly couldn't find it on my wife's S3 running 4.4.2. Try this ... go to menu>settings>language & Input>keyboard and scroll all the way to the bottom and select 'reset settings'. If the dark keyboard was the default, then see if that doesn't change it back for you.

Upvote 0
It's probably a setting somewhere on the keyboard accessed by long-pressing something, but I honestly couldn't find it on my wife's S3 running 4.4.2. Try this ... go to menu>settings>language & Input>keyboard and scroll all the way to the bottom and select 'reset settings'. If the dark keyboard was the default, then see if that doesn't change it back for you.

Thanks for your response. I'm always hesitant to reset but it shall be my last resort :)
I'd prefer to figure out what exactly happened, so that it doesn't happen again, but... I also tried pressing every key on my keyboard and nothing with color options showed. Weird!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones