• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How To Change lockscreen

im going to say this and try and not sound to harsh as im aware sometimes with my direct help i can come across a little harsh.

I think you are learning to run before you can walk. you are getting way too ahead of yourself and confusing things.

you have an expensive device and one of the best devices on the market. there is no major rush to do things with it.
spend time on these forums reading what people are doing and how they are getting into and out of trouble.
it will help you work things out in your head as to how the whole android, rom, root, modification side of things work.

there is a lot to android but most of it is logical once you get your head around it and underneath its quite simple

Upvote 0
Is there a vanilla rom for desire?? I can't seem to find it... Im not even sure if it is a rom named vanilla..

its not called vanilla, vanilla means original flavour aka froyo as it is from google(ish) and not heavily modified HTC Sense with all the fancy stuff

the forum i linked you has loads of stuff from different rom makers
[ROM-FroYo AOSP+CyanogenMod] DeFroST 6.1 05/12: HAVS/FM/MODS/OTA - xda-developers
[ROM] CyanogenMod-6.1 for Desire (GSM/CDMA): V6.1.0-RC2 (11/27/2010) - xda-developers
[ROM - 28/09/10] SuperVillain 1.0 (No Sense UI, speed tweaked, based on VillainROM)) - xda-developers
[ROM-FROYO 2.2.1 FRG83] OpenDesire v4.0.36 (CFS/BFQ/SVS-OCUV) (FM RADIO/OTA)(14/10) - xda-developers

to name a few

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones