• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to disable the wakeup screen animation?

faifcn

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
Hello, My HTC desire HD has recently been updated to android 2.5.3 by official update. Now it has this fancy but useless 3D effect animation when you wakeup the phone ( I can accept the slide bar becomes the rising circle maybe due the apple patent problem) . But when the phone wakes up there is an animation of spin of screen. I really don't need this "feature" which make my operation slow!!!. I tried "setting->display->no animation" but this option doesn't help.

Please anyone knows how to disable this animation?

i think he means , after you unlock it , the screens spin and fly their way into the main home screen .... if you get what i mean

Ahh makes sense, my bad for not understanding was tired at the time :).

Anyway if the option of "no animation" doesn't disable it I doubt it can be disabled.
So you either stick with it or get a launcher like GO Launcher EX and ditch the HTC sense look.
Or Alternatively you can also root your phone and get a Sense Rom, but I'm guessing if you haven't rooted yet you'd be a bit hectic about rooting. I used to be hectic about rooting but after I had rooted my DHD I decided to never go back to the stock rom :p.

Reactions: faifcn
Upvote 0
Ahh makes sense, my bad for not understanding was tired at the time :).

Anyway if the option of "no animation" doesn't disable it I doubt it can be disabled.
So you either stick with it or get a launcher like GO Launcher EX and ditch the HTC sense look.
Or Alternatively you can also root your phone and get a Sense Rom, but I'm guessing if you haven't rooted yet you'd be a bit hectic about rooting. I used to be hectic about rooting but after I had rooted my DHD I decided to never go back to the stock rom :p.
Hi thanks all for help. that was what I meant, sorry for confusion.
McCookie, I am new to android. I can understand "GO Launcher EX" which is the APP I can install and customise the phone UI. What do you mean by "root your phone and get a Sense Rom"? Isn't this phone already use a "HTC Sense Rom".
Do you mean to root into phone and replace the Sense Rom with something else? or Do you mean that once I root into phone so I can have more modification options to the Sense ROM UI? Is there any link or tutorial you can point that to me? I would like to solve this problem! thanks

Upvote 0
Hi thanks all for help. that was what I meant, sorry for confusion.
McCookie, I am new to android. I can understand "GO Launcher EX" which is the APP I can install and customise the phone UI. What do you mean by "root your phone and get a Sense Rom"? Isn't this phone already use a "HTC Sense Rom".
Do you mean to root into phone and replace the Sense Rom with something else? or Do you mean that once I root into phone so I can have more modification options to the Sense ROM UI? Is there any link or tutorial you can point that to me? I would like to solve this problem! thanks

well I meant after you root there are ROMS which aren't like the stock Sense but modified improved versions so you could root your phone and get a ROM like the ARHD rom, there should be more information about this in the "all things root " section, since I'm stillba newbie in rooting :D. Or you can visit the xda website, but they sometimes use technical terms which are sometimes hard to understand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones