• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to download ROM files directly to phone?

Jerry-rigged

Android Enthusiast
Feb 15, 2010
Texas
Here is a q for ya'll ROM experts -

How do I get the phone to download the ROM files? On my phone, I can browse this forum just fine, and click the "download ROM" link, but the phone tells me "Invalid file type" or some such...

I usally do my ROM'ing during lunch, and work blocks most of the mirror sites, so if I could download the files straight to my phone, that would be moue buino.

install astro file manager from the market, it allows you to download any type of file onto your phone. i know other apps are supposed to do the same but I dont remember thier names.

i dont know if you actually need to select it but there is an option in astro that says:

enable broswer download

try clicking that if you cant get the file to download. I use root explorer and i think it has the same function built into it, i dunno, i download torrent files, zip files, pdf, rar, etc and have never gotten an invalid file type error.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones