1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to find info about an installed widget?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by michaelbr, Dec 28, 2019.

1. michaelbr

michaelbr Newbie

I have a clock widget installed some time ago on my cell, got an tablet now and would like to install the same widget on the table, but can't find it on Play Store, how can I find which widget I've installed on my cell? Tried to search by browsing the icon, but nothing matches, went to settings > apps > opened the widget, but there's no additional info about the developer, how can I find out who is the developer so I can narrow down the search or even better, if I can find where's the widget file so I can copy it to my tablet. TIA

Advertisement

2. James_Watson

James_Watson Android Enthusiast

I have the same question. Can a widget app also be found in the Settings - Apps list like a common app?

3. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Yes it can and should be listed in your installed apps list. Long press on the widget, if you have it on your screen, and choose info. You should be able to see the actual name of the widget and then look it up on the play store

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yep the play store keeps track of all of the apps you have downloaded in the past. you can search via "my apps & games" .

Dannydet likes this.
  5. michaelbr

michaelbr Newbie

Thanks all for your reply, now I can replicate the widget I'm looking for.

ocnbrze likes this.