• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to flash the nexus s

Hi, I bought my nexus s gt-i9023 which only accepts the 3g bands of 900/1700/2100 in my country the only bands are either 850 or 1900. So I was wondering how to flash my nexus s so it can support the 850 (preferably) band. Please help me, thank you.

The bands supported by the radio are not a function of the OS but are part of the antenna/firmware. Even if the Nexus S antenna supported additional bands, I don't know that it's possible to turn them on by flashing the phone.

Upvote 0
Hi, I bought my nexus s gt-i9023 which only accepts the 3g bands of 900/1700/2100 in my country the only bands are either 850 or 1900. So I was wondering how to flash my nexus s so it can support the 850 (preferably) band. Please help me, thank you.

Unfortunately, frequency bands are decided by the hardware radio in the phone. You cannot change the frequencies just by flashing new software. What you would need is the GT-i9020A, which as the 850/1900/2100 MHz UMTS frequencies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones