• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How To Get Rid Of New Apps In Software Updates?

You can try what I did. Call Sprint and tell them you use your phone for your business and that their unwanted apps have pushed your phone to the limit and you want to know how to remove them. When they tell you that you can't, ask them what you signed that allows them to slam your phone with unwanted programs that Can't be deleted. After they put you on hold for a while, demand to talk to customer retention and tell them the same thing. I managed to get a 32GB micro SD card credit out of it.

Upvote 0
You know it's not just the battery life that kills me about these unwanted apps, but the fact I have to reboot my EVO 2-4 times a day because the phone slows down so much. Sometimes it stalls out while i am texting then 15 secs later it will complete all that i have written while it was stalled out. The phone just freezes. I figure its lack of available RAM....

Upvote 0
Some launchers have a setting for removing any apps, including the junk stuff provided, by "hiding" them. I believe that setting also renders them not active; check your running services to test for that.

Launcher Pro is one such launcher.

That will only hide them in the app drawer. It doesn't actually make them inactive or keep them from running. The absolute minimum you can do to actually keep bloatware from running is to freeze it with titanium backup, which, of course, requires root.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones