• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to get SD card back to stock

:eek:LOL I thought I would get massively flamed for ditching root!:eek:

So what I did was repartition my memory card and set both ext to 0. After that I followed jcase's downgrade to 1.5 method. it got me my whole SD card back and after it booted up I immediately got the notification for the OTA.

BTW as far as a2sd goes. I have all the apps I did when I was rooted and I still have 108 mb of free space with the OTA. With a2sd I have around 140. It just wasn't worth it because I had a class 2 card and would get FC all the time because it wasn't fast enough. I moved dalvik back to the phone, but the lag I had was horrible. I'm not noticing a huge dip in speed without OC, but I do miss cache cleaner and autokiller.

Upvote 0
:eek:LOL I thought I would get massively flamed for ditching root!:eek:

So what I did was repartition my memory card and set both ext to 0. After that I followed jcase's downgrade to 1.5 method. it got me my whole SD card back and after it booted up I immediately got the notification for the OTA.

BTW as far as a2sd goes. I have all the apps I did when I was rooted and I still have 108 mb of free space with the OTA. With a2sd I have around 140. It just wasn't worth it because I had a class 2 card and would get FC all the time because it wasn't fast enough. I moved dalvik back to the phone, but the lag I had was horrible. I'm not noticing a huge dip in speed without OC, but I do miss cache cleaner and autokiller.

Well, now that you bring it to my attention...

YOU DITCHED ROOT???!!!?? WHY?!?!?!?!?!

Upvote 0
I got tired of tinkering. Every rom I tried had some flaw. Be it no VM notifications, MMS not working, a2sd not functioning properly, etc..... and I'm just not patient enough or smart enough to figure out how to fix it myself. I just couldn't settle into any one ROM. I was happy with stock, so thats where I want to be. Atleast untill I get a new phone and I want to start messing with it. It just seemed like I was always messing with my phone and it was starting to piss my wife off. Besides if I want root again, I can still do it so no big deal.

And I do not mean to discredit the devs out there working on these things. Its not that there work sucks. Its just not suited to my own individual liking. Those guys are awesome at what they do and I'm very much appreciative of all the help I've been given.

Upvote 0

Apologies in advance for the thread-jack, but I noticed that jcase pulled the link in his downgrade post over there on XDA... when you did this, did you have to go hunting all over the internet for the .zip file, or... something more convenient than that?

eu1

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones