• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to go back to Stock Radio? Withoug using RUU!

gh0atd

Dec 28, 2009
Alright, so I have seen many users ask, and I understand that the RUU (either 1.26 or 1.56) will allow you to set the radio back to stock. What I want to know is, is there any way to reset the radio without having a chance of it bricking from the RUU reset. I have heard several people had their phone brick after attempting to use the RUU, and I don't want to risk it. Not that it is a problem if I do, I could just go into the Sprint store and say, hey, it doesn't boot anymore. I have tried everything, what is wrong... but, I would rather play it safe and find an alternative method of trying to reset the radio.

Does anyone have some suggestions, or am I pretty much left and stuck with using the RUU if I need to go back?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones