• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to log OFF amazon kindle store?

garybeck

Android Enthusiast
Apr 19, 2011
My kids have Android tablets (Galaxy 2). At one point I linked their tabs to my Amazon account so I could purchase ebooks and get them on their tabs, without creating a new amazon account just for them. Now it seems the the Kindle app is logged on to the Kindle store all the time. They can purchase ebooks in one click, without entering a password and all I get is a bill. Anyone know how I can log them off of the Kindle Store? Can't seem to find a logoff button anywhere.

thanks

My kids have Android tablets (Galaxy 2). At one point I linked their tabs to my Amazon account so I could purchase ebooks and get them on their tabs, without creating a new amazon account just for them. Now it seems the the Kindle app is logged on to the Kindle store all the time. They can purchase ebooks in one click, without entering a password and all I get is a bill. Anyone know how I can log them off of the Kindle Store? Can't seem to find a logoff button anywhere.

thanks
You could go into your account settings online and disable their one-click purchase rights so that if they want to buy something you have to log in

Upvote 0
thanks but it didn't work. I went on to my account online via my computer. I turned off one-click ordering. Kids can still shop the Kindle Store via their device and it still has a "buy" button next to every book and underneath it says "buy now with 1-click". I tried it and it didn't ask me for a password or anything.

Upvote 0
Turn off the one-click on their devices, not just the pc :thumbup:

that would be great but I can't figure out how to do this. the Amazon website says:

Update Your Mobile 1-Click
Mobile 1-Click on your mobile device is a separate feature from the 1-Click feature you use from your computer. Mobile 1-Click must be turned on directly from your mobile device.

To update your Mobile 1-Click from your mobile device:
1. Launch the app and tap Menu from your Android device, or tap More from your iOS device, then tap Your Account. From the Windows Phone app, tap Your Account from the home page.
2. Tap View or Change 1-Click Settings under the Account Settings section.
3. Sign in with your e-mail address and password if prompted, then choose one of the following:
From your Android or Windows Phone device, tap the provided address under Shipping Address and Payment.
From your iOS device, tap Continue.
4. Choose a default address and payment method.

but I can't get past step 1. I don't have a menu button or "Your account" anywhere to be seen.

Upvote 0
What are the devices? Maybe someone who has the same device can help with that :thumbup:
EDIT Galaxy Tab II sorry :beer:

yes they are Galaxy tab 2's.

I noticed one thing... a while ago if htey were in the Kindle app and went to the store, it actually opened up a browser window and they couldn't purchase without a password. NOW, the store is inside the app. That's when the problem started. If there's a way to get back to forcing it to go to the browser for the store, that would maybe fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones