• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fire TV stick wont download the Tubi app

David Devoy

Sep 9, 2016
I have recently purchased an Amazon Fire TV stick and am trying to add the Tub TV app to my installed apps. I go the the App store, search and find the Tubi TV App click on it to download and just get a message that the App I am searching for cannot be found.

I am in the UK using a VPN and I don't know if this may be causing some issue but there are now other clues.

There seem to be no other people experiencing this issue anywhere world wide that I can find using Google global searches.

I can use the web browser on the TV stick and log in from there but it is a bit clunky.

Any ideas or hints provided would be greatly appreciated.

Why is my Amazon FireStick not downloading apps?

You can also restart your Fire TV using the remote. Keep pressing the play/pause and select button for 3-5 seconds, and the system will reboot. After restarting your Fire TV Stick, head to Amazon AppStore and install apps without any issues.

Rebooting Fire TV Stick from Menu

Step 1: Navigate to the Fire TV Stick Settings menu and select ‘My Fire TV’ option.

Step 2: Scroll to the bottom of the menu and select Restart.

Step 3: Select Restart to confirm the action. Your Fire TV Stick will turn off and immediately reboot on after some seconds.

Physical/Hard Reboot

This involves unplugging your Fire TV Stick’s adapter from the power sources and plugging in back in.

Alternatively, you could unplug the Micro-USB cable from the Fire TV Stick dongle and plug it back in.

How do I allow apps to download on Firestick?

How to Turn on “Install from Unknown Sources”

Turn on your Amazon Fire TV and navigate to the home screen.

Select “Settings” from the top menu bar.

Scroll down and select “My Fire TV”.

Select “Developer options”.

Turn on the “Apps from Unknown Sources” option.

Reactions: mikedt and DonB
Upvote 0
I have recently purchased an Amazon Fire TV stick and am trying to add the Tub TV app to my installed apps. I go the the App store, search and find the Tubi TV App click on it to download and just get a message that the App I am searching for cannot be found.

I am in the UK using a VPN and I don't know if this may be causing some issue but there are now other clues.

There seem to be no other people experiencing this issue anywhere world wide that I can find using Google global searches.

I can use the web browser on the TV stick and log in from there but it is a bit clunky.

Any ideas or hints provided would be greatly appreciated.
I'm assuming you mean TubiTV, if so, then yes try as the previous member mentioned, try a reboot to start and see if that resolves the issue

Reactions: AugieTN and mikedt
Upvote 0
May thanks for all your replies. I have tried re-booting / re-starting to no avail.

I suspect the issue is indeed to do with me trying to access Tubi from the UK. Even when I am using a VPN with a US location I am still logged into a UK amazon account and I believe the appstore is probably different between the amazon.co.uk and amazon.com. I can't find the Tubi app at all on my Amazon fire tablet. What confused me is that it seems to come up with a hit on the fire TV stick then says it cant find it when I try to download it.

I suspect what I need to do is log the Fire TV stick into my amazon.com account and see where we go from there.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
from the streaming place :

I have tubi on a firestick. I use a US vpn and a Canadian Amazon account.

I can get it no problem. Firestick quite often will disconest the VPN if I don't use the firestick often enough.

I just reconnect to the VPN and it's fine.

If i try and access tubi and the vpn isn't on, tubi won't show up.

If he's using a free VPN maybe it isn't truly hiding his location.

Try this........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones