• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fire TV Power On proble

SWhiteside

Lurker
Oct 19, 2023
Have had Fire TV for months..worked properly. Recently, when I power on the TV, it would not open to the Home Page but to the last app I had used, If I had shut it off without returning to the Home page, it would power-on to that app, and it would be running a movie, tv show that I had never selected. I checked the Power-on setting, and it was set to Open Home Page. I did resets, checked for updates, etc., no difference. I called was on the line with a CR who was apparently new, and had difficulty understanding my problem. After being on hold forever, he suggested resetting to factory, but said he doubted that would solve the problem, and I would have to re-download and set up everything. There were several posts about this on another forum, but the thread was closed, and there was no solution. I have Fire Sticks, and they all work fine. This is, at the very least, an annoyance, altho otherwise things are working properly.

Ah. I asked, because it's good practice to reinstall the operating system of a computer (and Android smart TVs are computers) once every few years anyway. So, if it had been a few years, the problem you have with your smart TV would have been a good excuse to do it. Just remember: Get your files properly backed up, before reinstalling operating system!

Upvote 0
Thanks...appreciate your reply. The Fire TV is only a few months old...was working fine til a couple of weeks ago. I thought it would repair itself with an update, but that doesn't seem to be happening. The CSR I talked with appeared to be clueless, so I may try again...would try another factory reset, but it's such a pain, downloading the apps, and then trying to remember my passwords to get into 'em. I was hoping someone who had a similar problem and found a solution would post here...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones