• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

hugomax69

Lurker
Sep 12, 2023
I hope someone can help me on this one.

I have been trying to download BBC iPlayer while I was in Australia. It came up you can not download in your region. I was heading to the UK so I thought I would wait.

Got to the UK tried downloading it. Got the same message.

Went to YouTube looking for some advise. Went into the app clear cache, data and defaults. Forced Stop.

Used Proton VPN set to UK. (Even when I was already in UK). Tried to download. Same message.

Tried without the VPN. Same message.

I am currently in the UK.

As always, any advise is gratefully received.

Your Google Account has to be set for UK to install BBC iPlayer, in addition to a UK VPN.

I'm able to install and use iPlayer, and I'm currently in China.

Change your Google Play country
  1. On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app .
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Settings General Account and device preferences. ...
  4. Tap the country where you want to add an account.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment method for that country.

Upvote 0
Your Google Account has to be set for UK to install BBC iPlayer, in addition to a UK VPN.

I'm able to install and use iPlayer, and I'm currently in China.

Change your Google Play country
  1. On your Android device, open the Google Play Store app .
  2. At the top right, tap the profile icon.
  3. Tap Settings General Account and device preferences. ...
  4. Tap the country where you want to add an account.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment method for that country.
Does the credit card have to be from that country?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones