• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to make animated gifs work on Behold II

jonmkc4

Lurker
Apr 3, 2010
I've looked around but I can't find anything on it. I just moved some animated pics to my photo folder on my Behold II and when I view them in the photo gallery it's just stuck on the first frame and stays that way like a regular picture. Is it possible to have animated gifs "move" on this phone or is it not supported?

I too noticed that the files would not animate when going through the files or media player. I did however download Handcent from the market and made it my default messager because the animated gifs work in it. I wonder if there is a different file management or media player we can add. I'm gonna look into root section to see what it says but animation is possible. The only root modifications I did after seeing animation on Handcent was make it my default and change out mms.apk

I don't know if that helps anyone but that is how I see animation for now. If there is any way to add an app or file manager without rooting would be great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones