• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to maximize space in SafeStrap partition?

thecarlsoncrew

Sep 29, 2010
I have CyanogenMod 10.1.3 running on my Maxx. I used SafeStrap to install it on ROM Slot 1 using the biggest space SS would allow (3GB, if I recall correctly). However, I keep getting warning messages about running out of space on "internal" storage. I have moved all apps onto my external SD card aside from widgets and root-level apps, as well as all my data files, but between the functioning ROM and a nandroid backup it's still running within a couple hundred MB of full and I get a warning every time I install a new app.

Is it possible to delete the stock ROM slot in SafeStrap and just use slot 1? Is it going to cause any problems if I do that? I don't use the stock installation anymore, nor am I planning to go back to it, but I don't want to just delete it without understanding the ramifications first. I assume you don't need the stock if you're using a different slot, correct?

If anyone has any other suggestions on how to free up extra space, I'm all ears. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones