• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to overclock the Viewpad 7?

droidiehut

Lurker
Aug 15, 2011
Hi,

I want to know how I would go about overclocking my Viewpad 7.

I've been reading up, and am still doing so, on the subject, but I wanted to throw in a few questions too for further clarity.

I've noted that there are clear and good guides for rooting the device, backing up the stock system and then installing custom ROMs.

I have rooted without problems already. Will be backing up tonight while on the PC as well. However - I DO NOT WISH TO INSTALL A CUSTOM ROM!

I have already customized the stock Froyo 2.2 system my device came with, uninstalling a lot of bloat, adding Launcher Pro etc. I am happy with this system and do not want to change to the custom ROMs such as "Froyo Enhanced".

As far as I've been able to tell, I need a custom kernel/firmware in order to overclock. Overclocking in itself isn't difficult - I'll just use QuickClock or SetCPU for example. But I seem to need a custom kernel, which is the problem.

Thus: Rooting and backing up the original system isn't a problem. It is a problem to find custom firmware to use, however, since I'm not willing to install any of the overclocked (very few) custom ROMs that are available for the Viewpad 7.

If anyone could give some clear hands-on instructions on how to overclock the pad, I'd appreciate it. Haven't found this question asked anywhere else. Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones