1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to Remove haptic feedback when unlocking....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Automatik, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Automatik

Automatik Newbie

Is there any way to turn off the short vibration that occurs when you unlock the Droid from the lock screen? I could have sworn that when i first used the phone it was not like that. I already have haptic feedback turned off for the virtual keypad. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

I wish, I'm not a fan of haptic feedback...I find it incredibly annoying.

3. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

Anyone? No way to turn this off with the use of an app? :(

4. aggressor2323

aggressor2323 Newbie

I wish there was a way to turn the haptic feedback off too. I find in incredibly annoying.

5. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

I don't think anyone has found a way yet.

Also, not to be rude, but please use question marks in the title if it's a question. I was hoping and expecting that this thread was a how-to.

6. messenger13

messenger13 Android Expert

Give it time guys. The DROID has been out what?, all of 2 months. As the updates and apps roll in, anything will be possible. ;)

7. square

square Android Enthusiast

sure. use the pattern unlock.

8. spazma7ik

spazma7ik Member

This, it's what I do, I just made a simple bottom three buttons to the middle right, and it's just a simple swipe with no HF

9. square

square Android Enthusiast

that's my pattern...but up a row. :p

10. Coff

Coff Lurker

Just curious, why do you guys find the haptic feedback so annoying when unlocking the phone? With the virtual keyboard I agree it is incredibly annoying but the screen unlock is such a small thing.

Not trolling here Im just seeing if I am missing something. (which I probably am)

11. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

It's not a big deal to me, it's just kind of weird. I'd prefer not to have it. Definitely is not something that makes me dislike the phone, and honestly I would be fine if it stayed that way forever. Just personal preference, I guess.

12. Coff

Coff Lurker

I figured as much.

13. J_w73

J_w73 Lurker

I swear my unlock button swype didn't have any haptic feedback. It did when I first got the phone but i somehow turned it off our it stopped somhow.now is back and it is annoying. Im pretty sure i didn't have any feedback on a long press of an icon either. It is doing that now too. This has me going crazy as i wasnt positive about it .but i have a 15second timeout on the dispay and the phone would lock all the time and i would have to unlock it. Evertime i do it now i cringe at the vibration...so i am almost positive that it wasnt there before

14. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Android Enthusiast

there was a update.zip i would use back when i was running bb, not sure if pete still has it posted

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews