• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I unlock Screen Android Lock Screen on Moto G9 Plus without erasing data

well to recover the google account you can try these steps google has:
basically it will start with your phone number. it will send you a message to the phone. hopefully you can see the code number from the lockscreen. if you can't then i'm not sure what else you can do.
But do you think recovering my Gmail account name will help me unlock screen lock?

Upvote 0
No....... you can't. But you can at least do a hard reset which will trip FRP. Once signed in you will at least have a working phone. And let this be a lesson for your sister.

Do you mean "Hard reset which will trip FRP(Factory Reset Protection) will force me to have my Google account" with Backup cannot be restored unless I have Google account?

If yes, I was expecting that once I press and keep holding on the power button along with sound down button, the hard reset will be done, and after loading my device again, I can set up another screen lock if I want.

But it seems that you say that after doing the hard reset, my device will not work unless if I have Google account.
Why my device won't work after doing hard reset is still puzzling me.
I am expecting I can get my device as when it came from the factory after doing hard reset. So, I'll setup a new Google account or the same old one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do you mean "Hard reset which will trip FRP(Factory Reset Protection) will force me to have my Google account" with Backup cannot be restored unless I have Google account?

If yes, I was expecting that once I press and keep holding on the power button along with sound down button, the hard reset will be done, and after loading my device again, I can set up another screen lock if I want.

But it seems that you say that after doing the hard reset, my device will not work unless if I have Google account.
a hard reset is a combination of power + vol up or vol down (sometimes both). this will take you to the stock recovery where you can select to do a factory reset(which is actually a hard reset).

once the device has been reset you will need to enter your google account info that was first used to setup the device. there is no way around FRP. you will not be able to use the phone, until this is entered.

here this will explain what frp is and AF's position on discussing it.

Upvote 0
Oooops forgot to post this:

Upvote 0
Factory Reset Protection has been a standard feature of Android for about 8 years. It's an anti-theft measure, since it means that if you reset a phone you need to know the owner's Google account login (username and password) to use it afterwards. Before it was introduced any thief could reset a device then enter their own Google account and use it (or just sell it to someone else who could set it up as their own), so the idea is that this makes stealing a phone less attractive.

Upvote 0
Factory Reset Protection has been a standard feature of Android for about 8 years. It's an anti-theft measure, since it means that if you reset a phone you need to know the owner's Google account login (username and password) to use it afterwards. Before it was introduced any thief could reset a device then enter their own Google account and use it (or just sell it to someone else who could set it up as their own), so the idea is that this makes stealing a phone less attractive.
I have never ever had to do a hard reset on my Xiaomi Mi 8 Android. So, I really do not have amy experience on that matter.

But really we could not have recovered my sister's Google (gmail) email name so far although I have tried recovered it using the cellphone number my sister thinks associated with her Google account as a recovery option.

Then one option left is doing hard reset and see what'll happen when my device will have loaded after it was reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones